Tree Service Trenton
Professional arborists serving Trenton, Ontario and the Bay of Quinte region
The decision to have a tree stump removed
Once a tree has been cut down, the stump is usually the last thing standing. If you want to get rid of it, you have two main options: stump grinding and stump removal.
Stump grinding involves using a machine to grind the stump down into sawdust. This is the more popular option as it’s less expensive and can be done relatively quickly.
Stump removal, on the other hand, involves physically removing the stump from the ground. This can be more difficult and expensive, but may be the only option if the stump is large or in a difficult-to-reach location. The method you choose will depend on a number of factors, including the size, location and your budget.
How stump grinding and removal works
Stump grinding is typically done with a hand-held or walk-behind machine that has a rotating cutting wheel. The operator will use the machine to grind the stump down until it’s level with the ground.
Stump removal is a more labor-intensive process. First, the operator will dig around the stump to loosen it from the ground. Then, they will use a chainsaw or similar tool to cut the stump into manageable pieces before hauling it away.
The benefits of having a tree stump removed
There are several benefits to having a tree stump removed, including:
- Improving the appearance of your property: A tree stump can be an eyesore, especially if it’s in a prominent location. Removing it can improve the curb appeal of your home or business.
- Preventing trip hazards: Tree stumps can be a trip hazard, especially if they’re in high traffic areas. Removing them can help reduce the risk of falls and injuries.
- Creating more space: If you need to clear an area for new construction or landscaping, removing a tree stump can give you the extra space you need.
- Reducing pests: Stumps can attract pests like ants and termites. Removing them can help keep these pests away from your property.
The cost of stump grinding and removal services
The cost of stump grinding and removal services will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- The size of the stump: Stumps are typically priced by their diameter. The larger the stump, the more it will cost to remove.
- The location of the stump: If the stump is in a difficult-to-reach location, it may cost more to remove than if it were in an easily accessible spot.
- The type of service: Stump grinding is typically less expensive than stump removal as it’s quicker and requires less labor.
- Whether you choose to do it yourself or hire a professional: Hiring a professional stump grinding or removal service will typically be more expensive than doing it yourself. However, professionals have the proper equipment and experience to do the job safely and efficiently.
The ballpark estimate for small to medium sized stumps is around $200 – $300 while larger stumps may cost $500 or more to remove.
DIY stump grinding and removal vs. hiring a professional
If you’re considering a Do-It-Yourself tree stump removal, there are a few things you should keep in mind. First, you will need to have all of the necessary equipment, including a chainsaw, shovel and safety gear like gloves, goggles and earplugs. Second, be aware that removing a large or difficult-to-reach stump could be dangerous if you don’t have the experience and skills required. And third, remember that it may take longer to remove a tree stump yourself than it would for a professional service.
Hiring a professional arborist for tree stump removal
If you decide to hire a professional for your tree stump removal needs, Tree Service Trenton can offer you a professional job done quickly and safely. We will completely remove the stump below ground level and cover the area with soil so that there will be no regrowth of shoots.
Let Tree Service Trenton help you get your lawn back!